Friday, January 20, 2017

Humble & Kind

I just love the Tim McGraw song
Always be Humble & Kind,
so I decided to make a sign
using those words.
I bought the wooden sign from my local Wal Mart store,
I painted it with 
Craftsmart acrylic paint, than tried
painting it  uneven and with some spots
a bit heavier to make it look a bit distressed,
did not turn out the way
that I had invisioned it was to look.
I need a lot more work on "distressing" wood.
I used my cricut machine to cut 
the vinyl words, and used cricut transfer 
paper to adhere the letters 
to the wood sign.
I am on the hunt for more signs, will be
going to my local craft store this next
week.  I went to Michael's Craft 
store but did not like the wood
assortment that they had.
If you have any suggestions or great
ideas on how you "distress" 
your signs I would love to hear about it.

Until next time.
Paula




No comments: